1. Report abuse. Report abuse here
if you have experienced inappropriate behaviour by another user.
2. Webcam settings. You can control who views
your webcam by choosing the setting "Always ask my permission for someone
to view my webcam" in "Login"..."Preferences"..."Webcam"
3. Your friends list. Yahoo! Messenger only allows messages to be sent to you if they originate from a friend on your friendís list. If a message is sent from someone NOT on your list, then you will have the option of allowing the message to be sent and the user added to your friend list, or reject the message.
4. Enable Archiving. By default, all messages are archived for the duration of your session on Yahoo! Messenger. If you wish to change the duration or turn this feature off, then go to "Messenger Preferences" and then "Archive".
5. Be cautious of opening files. Only open files and attachments from people you trust - otherwise you risk getting a virus or receiving unwanted material.
6. Respect users status messages.
If a user says they are busy think twice about messaging them. Establish
contact with your friend first before sending them lots of messages.
7. Enable Sounds. Go to Messenger Preferences and then "Alerts
and "Sounds". There you can configure sounds and alerts for a number of
events, such as mail alerts and a friend coming online.