Ways to Keep Your Child Safe Online:|
- Place the computer in the most public room in your home.
- Establish ground rules for Internet usage. (Write a "Family Pledge for Online
- Share time online by surfing on the Internet with your
- Instruct your child not to give out personal information without
asks for personal information before you allow your child to
- If your child wants to meet in person someone they've met online,
make sure a parent is present.
- Instruct your child never to respond to email or chat messages that
make them feel uncomfortable. (And ensure that your child reports such
messages to you when/if they occur.)
- Inform your ISP (Internet Service Provider) of any inappropriate
uses of the Internet encountered by you or your child.
- Encourage your child to share their online experiences with
- Know exactly what various parental control tools can
and cannot do and how they work.