Yahoo! communities (Chat, Groups, Message Boards, Profiles, etc....) give Yahoo! members a place to meet, interact, and share ideas with each other. Just like a real community, you may have different opinions from others in Yahoo! communities, and just like the real world, you may face different norms or even legal restrictions when participating in a community based in another country.
The Yahoo! community experience is best when people follow a few rules. Here are some key ones to remember:
- Do not harass, abuse, or threaten other members.
- Do not post content that is obscene or otherwise objectionable.
- Try to stay on topic. If you want to discuss a topic that is not related to the community area in which you are participating, please go to another topic area or create a new one.
- Refrain from using these community services for commercial or advertising purposes, or for any illegal purposes. Please do not "spam" or otherwise post in quantity through automated methods.
- Don't post content that infringes the legal rights of others, such as material that is defamatory or that makes use of copyrighted content without permission from the owner.
- In some areas of our Yahoo! communities (for example, Groups and Personals) we require you to be of legal age to participate. Please check the terms of service for more details.
- Adult-oriented content is permitted only in areas marked as Adult Content areas --- if no such areas exist then adult-oriented content is not permitted at all. (Note: You must be of legal age in your location to access Adult Content areas.)
- You should exercise caution if you choose to disclose personally identifiable information on a publicly accessible or shared area. Remember that this information may remain indefinitely in the publicly accessible or shared area. Also, depending on the particular Service, other users may be able to view two or more of your individual postings collectively.
Yahoo! does not edit the content in our Yahoo! communities. Postings that violate these guidelines or the Terms or Service, which contain additional rules that govern Yahoo! services, may lead to the deletion, without notice, of your Yahoo! ID and everything associated with it, including but not limited to email accounts, Groups, Posts, and Profiles.
Yahoo! will not monitor, edit, or disclose the contents of a User's private communications, except that User agrees Yahoo! may do so: (a) as required by law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) if necessary to enforce Yahoo!'s Universal Terms of Service and these Community Guidelines; (d) to respond to claims that such contents violate the rights of third parties; (e) to protect the rights or property of Yahoo! or others and; (f) to identify or resolve technical problems or respond to complaints about the Service.
Please report any violations of the TOS to our Customer Care